So, to make chicken chips:
- Preheat the oven to about 250.
- Get a bunch of chicken thighs with skin still attached.
- Remove the skin and place it, fat side down, in a single layer in a baking pan with sufficiently high sides to keep the chicken fat in when it starts to render out.
- Put the rest of the thighs away to do something else with.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake it very slowly until the chicken skin is brown and fully crisp.
- Remove the chicken skin and salt it. Do whatever you want with the chicken fat left behind.
- Eat the chicken skin.
- Bask in your utter dietary irresponsibility.
- Prepare for the chicken-fat hangover the next day.
Photo from Wikimedia Commons
good god this sounds good. Is there a possibility that you and I were separated at birth? Are there any other people who would want to eat chicken chips? if there are perhaps we could start our own chicken chip company. but then i might eat all the profits.ReplyDelete
Yes yes yes! So good. So very very evil. I don't know if anyone else would eat them; we were thinking of making them for the Fat Of The Land party sometime this winter, so we could see if anyone else will brave them.ReplyDelete
Oh, hey! I was wondering what to do with all the chicken that's left after you grab all the skin for chicken chips. And I've been thinking of trying to find my perfect recipe for chicken salad. Those seem like nicely dovetailed efforts.
I was thinking that you could also use them crumbled in place of crumbled bacon. Like in those stuffed potatoes. Chicken fat _and_ starch.