So, to make chicken chips:
- Preheat the oven to about 250.
- Get a bunch of chicken thighs with skin still attached.
- Remove the skin and place it, fat side down, in a single layer in a baking pan with sufficiently high sides to keep the chicken fat in when it starts to render out.
- Put the rest of the thighs away to do something else with.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake it very slowly until the chicken skin is brown and fully crisp.
- Remove the chicken skin and salt it. Do whatever you want with the chicken fat left behind.
- Eat the chicken skin.
- Bask in your utter dietary irresponsibility.
- Prepare for the chicken-fat hangover the next day.
Photo from Wikimedia Commons