Sunday, October 4, 2009

SOTD - MDCI Un Coeur en Mai

Pink.

The Scent Of The Day is Parfums MDCI Un Coeur en Mai, by Patricia Nicolai, of Parfums de Nicolai. My first reaction is, well... it's pink. Dusty, slightly peppery pink with a little green. I feel like I'm missing something.

I suspect that my problem is that I'm not a big floral fan in the first place, and I dislike pepper or incense or spices or, really, anything but plants or wood with my florals in the second place. I had a similar reaction to Paestum Rose, though I like that one better - I suspect that the higher-pitched hyacinth in Un Coeur en Mai makes me react even more negatively to the peppery notes.

Doing my usual Review Roundup, I find reviews at I Smell Therefore I Am and Now Smell This and Fragrantica and, of course, a mouthwatering description at LuckyScent, and now at Perfume da Rosa Negra. Everyone seems to find it, at the very least, pretty. But not me.

(Edited to add to the Review Roundup.)
Photo: Mine

No comments:

Post a Comment