Friday, November 6, 2009

SOTE: Parfumerie Generale Cuir Venenum

Since sampling Bandit a few days ago, I've been wanting more leather. I knew that I had Daim Blond, but that's sweet friendly clean suede. It's different. And today's Visa has a wonderful leather note in it, but it's mostly about fruit. So I figured that to get a serious take-no-prisoners leather perfume, I'd need to buy Bandit.

Then, picking something to wear this evening, I sprayed from the bottle of Cuir Venenum that I hadn't used since last winter.

Yow. Leather.

I remembered Cuir Venenum as being a nice quiet little orange blossom with a hint of leather. My memory needs some work. The leather in this perfume announces itself loud and clear, accepting musk as a supporting player, and just barely tolerating the presence of the orange blossom and other notes, listed as myrrh, citrus, cedar, and coconut.

This will fulfill my leather craving quite nicely, thank you.

Though none of this is to say that I don't also want Bandit someday. I have at least six greens; surely I can have two leathers?

Review Roundup: Bois de Jasmin and Perfume-Smellin' Things and Aromascope and Fragrantica and Victoria's Own and Perfume Patter and ScentSate.

Edited to add a post on the original Visa at Shoes Cake & Perfume.

Photo: By FoeNyx. Wikimedia Commons. Click for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment