Saturday, November 21, 2009

Perfume: At the airport?!


Yesterday, I bought a bottle of Lorenzo Villoresi Musk.

At the airport.

This is not normal. Lorenzo Villoresi is an Italian perfume line that is rarely found in the United States. I had never seen an actual live bottle before. My closest hope of in-person sampling was The Perfume Shoppe in Vancouver.

But yesterday I walked into Harmony Pharmacy and Health center in the San Francisco airport, to find Lorenzo Villoresi (only two scents, admittedly), Tokyo Milk, Santa Maria Novella, ElizabethW, and a number of other fragrance lines that you simply don't find on pharmacy shelves.

At least, not on American pharmacy shelves - apparently Harmony follows the "European-style pharmacy" model. I don't know much about that model, but if it means that I can shop niche fragrances while I'm waiting for a plane, I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment