Monday, October 19, 2009

SOTD: Parfumerie Generale Bois de Copaiba


I'm in the market for an orange fragrance. I've gone off most of my citrus fragrances - they're all too bright, cheerful, and brief. But I've been keeping an eye out for a winter orange - not fruity and beachy, but something intense and a little bitter. Something Sophisticated.

Sadly, Bois de Copaiba is more sophisticated than I am. I can appreciate the bitter orange, the spices, the odd note (myrrh?) wrapping it all. But I don't love it. I just appreciate it, the way that I might appreciate a wine that's too challenging for me. It's fine, it's admirable, but I won't even be using up the sample.

Review Roundup: Perfume-Smellin' Things and Nathan Branch and The Non-Blonde and Aromascope and Perfume Posse.

Photo: Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment