Monday, October 5, 2009

SOTD: Bois 1920 Sutra Ylang


Sushi Imperiale by Bois 1920 is one of my very favorite fragrances, so I always expect big things from this company's other offerings.

And every time I try Sutra Ylang I'm initially disappointed, thinking that it's a thinner, sharper, ambery (I don't like amber) bad imitation of Sushi Imperiale.

Then it dries down and transforms into a soft, shy, barely-sweet, lovely little sister to Sushi Imperiale, with more candied fruit and less ginger. It's very close to the skin - I think that the entire 1ml sample that I'm using wouldn't be enough to produce much in the way of sillage. But the skin scent lasts for a long time, and once in a while a waft comes up and surprises me.

So I once again remember why I'm considering a bottle of this.

Review roundup: Fragrantica and Now Smell This and Basenotes.

Photo: Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment