Friday, October 16, 2009

SOTD: Bois 1920 Vetiver Ambrato, and amber.


Back to the sample box, and I love Bois 1920, so let's try Vetiver Ambrato. Just a couple of drops; I'm already getting miserly with my new hoard of mini-sprayers.

I'm used to vetiver being fairly transparent and green, or dark and muddy. This is neither. In the first couple of minutes, so far, this is nutty, and with that pencil eraser note - iris? Let's do the review roundup early and read the notes.

No, amber. Hence the name. Silly me. Well, that's unexpected. I don't like amber. Also embarrassing that I still haven't even remotely nailed down what iris smells like, but let's move on from that.

The pencil eraser and nuts have dried away, and, yep, that's amber. Soft, quiet, almost but not quite powdery. I don't love it but I don't hate it, so perhaps this one could be amber "training wheels" for me. Because I want to like amber - there are so many scents that would otherwise be delicious.

It's odd that the note that may sell amber to me is vetiver, not really one of my favorite notes. Then again, it's not at all odd that Bois 1920, one of my very favorite houses, might be the one to do the job.

We'll see how this goes.

Picture: Wikimedia Commons

Review Roundup: Sweet Diva and Nathan Branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment