Friday, October 15, 2010

SOTD: The Different Company Oriental Lounge

I wore it again. This time I did catch the weird fruity thing that The Left Cost Nose mentioned. The first time I got distracted and missed it, and the second time I interpreted it as the alcohol in the top notes, and then got distracted and missed it again. I'm not sure if I like or dislike the fruit, but it passes quickly, and then the fragrance is all warm velvety sweet smoke.

It also makes me think of dragons. Though that could be because I want an excuse for dragons in the blog.

Review Roundup: Is here.

Image: By Aaron Logan. Wikimedia Commons.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! When I wore OL again, write after reading what you wrote, I thought to myself, "Why didn't I ever notice what a major amber-bomb this was before?!?!"

    Are we both that impressionable? Amber's tough though, because, as I understand it, amber's not really a "thing"-- it's kind of a catch-all word-- sort of like "Oriental", as you point out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, LCN! How'd I miss this comment? Well, see, that's part of Orientals being confusing - somehow it makes sense to me that we're both seeing new facets through somebody else's words. Because they're so un-clear-cut. Or something.

    ReplyDelete