Tuesday, September 14, 2010

SOTD: Serge Lutens Santal Blanc

Serge Lutens Santal Blanc apparently believes in moderation in all things. But I don't.

It's not weird enough to make me happy. It's not friendly enough to make me forgive the lack of weird. It's not foody enough to feel like a gourmand. It's too foody to feel like anything else. It's neither thoroughly dry or thoroughly sweet. Neither oily or astringent.

It's tasteful. It's polite. It's sophisticated. It's complex. It's well-behaved.

It is what it is, and I can easily see that a person might love what it is. But not me. I've owned my decant for over a year, and worn it perhaps twice in that time. It's time to give it away.

Review Roundup: All I Am - A Redhead and Now Smell This and Perfume Posse and Perfume-Smellin' Things and I Smell Therefore I Am and PereDePierre and One Thousand Scents.

Image: Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment