Wednesday, May 5, 2010

SOTD: Strange Invisible Perfumes Fire and Cream

The orange quest continues! This time with Strange Invisible Perfumes, a line that, for no reason I can put my finger on, I find rather intimidating. But I couldn't resist the name Fire and Cream, so now I have a sample to play with.

The notes for this one are orange, orange blossom, tuberose, frankincense, white lavender, vetiver, sandalwood and patchouli. It's interesting but subtle - I may find it forgettable, or I may end up with a severe craving.

The beginning has a medicinal mood, with no trace of the sweetness that I would have expected from the orange blossom and tuberose. I'm just as happy to have the orange blossom drowned, but I wouldn't mind a bit more tuberose, and a bit less lavender. There's also something that I translate as celery seed - distinctly odd, and I suspect that I may be misreading something.

The shifts over time were subtle, and I need to try it again, and perhaps with a more generous application, to be able to describe the middle stages. The end is a gentle but resinous orange, more peel than juice, and just a little wood. Pleasant.

So, no conclusion.

Review Roundup: Now Smell This and Fragrantica and Perfume Posse and MakeupAlley and Scent Hive and RagingRouge and Perfume-Smellin' Things and All About The Pretty and CaFleureBon and A Rose Beyond The Thames and EauMG and I Feel Pretty.

Image: Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment