Thursday, February 25, 2010

SOTD: Annick Goutal Mandragore

As part of the shift to warm-weather scents, I sprayed on a plentiful dose of Annick Goutal Mandragore today. I remember liking this scent a lot - the bergamot, and the vibe of a thirties office girl in tappity-tap heels.

However, it appears that the weather isn't warm enough. Today, it's just a rather annoying citrus. So I'm going to skip the Review Roundup and the review, and try it again in late spring.

Image: Wikimedia Commons.

3 comments:

  1. I saw the title, and thought, oh, a great idea (since I'm at a loss as to what to wear these days) but I see that it should be postponed for warmer days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I don't care for this in any meteorological conditions - there is something discordant about it that I cannot quite put my finger on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Ines, the weather isn't ready for it yet. :)

    And in fact, yep, flittersniffer, I'm a bit concerned that I may no longer like it. It seemed startlingly synthetic or off or...something. Maybe this is one of those scents that doesn't keep well? This was a small splash bottle "free gift with purchase", decanted into an atomizer, so maybe it can't handle all that oxygen.

    ReplyDelete