Sunday, December 27, 2009

SOTD: Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles (Quick sniff only)

In spite of looking forward to the arrival of the sample, I didn't pay proper attention to this one today. I liked it - pleasantly camphorous, pleasantly medicinal, in general enjoyable versions of notes that I don't expect to enjoy. I liked it when I put it on, liked it on my walk in the cold shortly after, and still like the drydown now.

But I liked it in an oblivious sort of way, so the proper review (and the Review Roundup) will have to come another day.

Photo: By Downtowngal. Wikimedia Commons.

3 comments:

  1. This one surprised me - I got only vetiver and frankincense. I like to try things more than once, but this one was so not what I wanted, that I just couldn't put it on again and swapped my nice large spray sample away. A bit of frankincense would have been fine, but I had hoped for pine and dried fruits and got mostly bitterness. Oh well, it's certainly not like I "needed" this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Camphorous" and "medicinal" were the very elements that made this one a non-starter for me. : - (

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'm not really getting pine. I did get something sweet many hours in, but I agree that it's mostly bitter for a long time.

    And while I do often like camphorous and medicinal hints, it's strange for me to have any tolerance for a fragrance that has them so strongly. We'll see which way I go next time I wear it.

    ReplyDelete