Thursday, December 3, 2009

SOTD: Ava Luxe Moroccan Mint Tea


I love this.

It's no longer available in the form that I'm wearing. I don't know if it's available at all.

I failed to buy a full bottle when I had the chance.

Grumble.

Ava Luxe is the creation of Serena Ava Franco, a well-regarded independent perfumer whose wares are less available than they were a few months ago. Her storefront has changed and is selling only a selected group of perfume oils, instead of the large variety of perfumes that were once available. This has resulted in much whispering and hand-wringing about the future of a number of well-loved scents, including this one.

To me, this smells like Corsican mint, a scent that I love. The mint note is dominant and quite strong, making me think of essential oil of the herb, rather than watery refreshing visions of ice and mint leaves. And that's just fine with me, especially in winter where too much light freshness doesn't smell quite right. Some reviewers find that the tea note overtakes the mint as the fragrance develops, but this isn't true for me - for me, it's mint and more mint from beginning to end.

Again, fine with me - lovely mint, worth sniffing your wrist all day. If Ava Luxe brings it back, I'll correct my mistake and buy a bottle.

Review Roundup: Basenotes and MakeupAlley.

And posts about Ava Luxe on Perfume Smellin' Things and Indie Perfumes.

Photo: Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment