Wednesday, December 23, 2009

SOTD: Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale


Today we had a Christmas party. So of course I wore Sushi Imperiale. What else could I possibly wear?

Actually, I'm surprised to find that I could have worn Un Crime Exotique (well, I could have if I owned more than a drained sample vial), or Thereoma. Where I had one winter celebratory fragrance, now I have three.

Do I need three? Does having three fragrances for one type of occasion add enjoyment to that occasion, because I have more choices? Or would I derive greater enjoyment from simply having one fragrance for the occasion, one that I know that I'll wear, that I put on as part of the ritual of preparing for the event?

I don't know, and I'm too full of cookies just now to say. But I'll be thinking about it.

Review Roundup: Is here.

Photo: By Schlurcher. Wikimedia Commons.

4 comments:

  1. Of COURSE you can have more than one. You can have--well, maybe not twenty, but several. Did anyone comment on Sushi? I rarely get comments on my fragrance. It's like a secret. I might need to spray more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I hope this works this time... sometimes I go to comment and get no comment box (all blank below the "post a comment" line and the dotted line under it), and sometimes I'll get the comment box and then when I choose a comment profile, it will eat my comment. Pfthhlbbl.

    I'd like to have a few winter celebration scents. Okay, I DO have a few: Dolce Vita parfum is beautiful, all smooth and spicy. PdN Vanille Tonka makes me giggly. But I think Teo Cabanel Alahine is going to be *the* Christmas fragrance for years to come. I know it's waiting under the tree for me tomorrow... (I posted on my blog a few weeks ago the reason why it's Christmas for me. Love it love it.)

    Of course, I don't think I could bear to wear it only on Christmas; it's too full of labdanum goodness not to wear all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twenty! Ooh! Brian, no comments at all. I think I do need to spray more, though Himself dislikes too much perfume, so it's a Difficult Balance. And I always fear that a comment would really be a polite way of saying that I'm wearing too much. I'm apparently perfume-shy, not about talking about it (I talk about it incessantly), but about wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, dear. About the comments, that is, Mals. I get a problem where it tells me that my request cannot be processed, but it doesn't eat anything - I just have to keep clicking (usually two more times max) to get the thing processed.

    OK, I'm adding all three of those perfumes to my Get A Sniff list. I really must control myself, but I'm starting to like several notes that I never liked before, and that means new worlds to sniff.

    And welcome to the blog! And, Brian, I forgot to say, welcome! too. :)

    ReplyDelete