Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Compilation: Reformulation, Discontinuation, Perfume Hoarding, and Panic

A suitcase hanging from a chain, precariously, over rushing water.
So I just saw One More Good Article on the topic that I think of as perfume separation anxiety, and decided that I want to assemble a compilation.

This isn't remotely every good article on the subject, it's just the ones I found first, plus ones that I come across as I'm reading. Plus, I'm focusing more on loss than on the IFRA, because, well, as depressing as loss is, the IFRA is more depressing.

So:
And for grieving for specific perfumes:
(Edited to add Harem. And the Wall Street Journal piece. And now the two about Lutens discontinuations.)


Photo: By Joadl. Wikimedia Commons. Click for details or license.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I was talking about this is my samples post yesterday. I freaking hoard perfume like crazy. I have actually intentionally hoarded, buying multiple bottles of perfume I like in case it gets reformulated or goes bad.

    It's not just perfume, either. The lipstick I wore at my wedding? Discontinued. I now own 4 unopened tubes of it. Ebay.

    It's a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I keep fighting myself _not_ to buy another sixteen bottles of Cristalle, or... well, you know, everything else. I love perfume but I use it lightly and rarely use the same perfume more than twice a month, so there is absolutely no reason for me to have more than one full bottle of anything. But I still wanna.

    ReplyDelete