This isn't remotely every good article on the subject, it's just the ones I found first, plus ones that I come across as I'm reading. Plus, I'm focusing more on loss than on the IFRA, because, well, as depressing as loss is, the IFRA is more depressing.
- The Buyer of Backup Bottles, Strategist or Squirrel? from Bonkers About Perfume.
- On reformulations, or why your favorite perfume doesn't smell the way it used to from Now Smell This.
- Gloomy Sunday, from Perfume-Smellin' Things.
- Endangered Fragrances from 1000 Fragrances.
- The Lost Perfumes, a continuing theme on The Non Blonde. (I'm linking to just one of the posts.)
- Smells Like Joy, from OlfactaRama.
- Samples: The Addiction, from Feminine Things.
- The Allure of the Discontinued Scent, from Now Smell This.
- Perfumista tip: how to find out if a fragrance is discontinued from Now Smell This.
- Should An Old Fragrance Be Forgot, from The Wall Street Journal.
- My Favorite Fragrance is Discontinued...Now What? from Perfume Shrine.
- It's the end of the world as we know it from Perfume Shrine.
Photo: By Joadl. Wikimedia Commons. Click for details or license.