Sunday, August 28, 2011

Perfume: Random Thoughts

I said that I'm not thinking about perfume. That made me think about perfume.
  • I hear that Tubereuse Criminelle is going export. Bwahaha. Except, I spent a lot of time resigning myself to spending a lot of money for half an ounce in a bell jar from The Perfumed Court. I sort of crave that bell jar now.
  • Don't I recall that Les Exclusifs were coming out in less ridiculously large bottles, right about the time I stopped buying? I do love Cuir de Russie.
  • I just read a review of Serge Lutens Jeaux de Peau, and I want to smell it. Vitriol d'Oeillet, not so much.
  • I wore Eau de Pfefferneusse (aka Parfume Generale Un Crime Exotique) the other day and found it surprisingly suitable for summer.
  • The Perfumed Court still remembers my wish list. That's dangerous.
  • It would be wrong to buy Parfumerie Generale Hyperessence Matale just based on my love of L'Eau Rare Matale, right? Say right. Please.
  • Bois Blond is still around. I remember when I used to worry that "limited edition" meant that I'd better hurry up.
  • There are four Parfumerie Generale fragrances that I've never smelled. How could that happen?
  • Bois 1920, on the other hand, apparently has nothing new. But I still love Sutra Ylang. What excuse would make a purchase excusable?
Image: By Alvesgaspar. Wikimedia Commons.

6 comments:

  1. The smaller bottles of Les Exclusifs are quite dinky, and reasonably priced ml for ml. Aren't you tempted? : - )

    If you like a popcorn, peanut brittle, almondy praline kind of vibe, Jeux de Peau might appeal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would indeed be wrong to buy PG Hyperwhatevs Matale because you love something else with "matale" in the name. Yes. Easy one.

    I find that the best thing for my wallet is to not visit TPC. Unless I absolutely, unquestionably, have to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very belatedly, yo, Vanessa! Yes, yes, I am tempted. I want.

    Ooh, I like nutty popcorny toasty-sugary smells. The main risk with them is the risk of stale-nut smells, but it's certainly worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo, Mals! Yeah, but. But. But. OK, yes, you're right. No more Matales. Well, no unsniffed Matales.

    TPC is, yes, extraordinarily dangerous. And it's not as if I don't have boxes of insufficiently-evaluated samples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first visit to your blog, and I find a reference to pfeffernusse, my favorite Christmas cookies. It's a sign! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, another! I do love those cookies. And the scent of them.

    ReplyDelete