Wednesday, November 4, 2009

SOTD: Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond


Bois Blond is a puzzle.

On one wearing, it smells like a glorious melding of wood and hay and fresh air. Then, on the next wearing, it smells like stale nuts coated in stale varnish. This is, of course, just about my nose - many people consistently adore it.

Today is a stale varnish day. So today I'm resolved not to buy a bottle to replace my rapidly dwindling decant. Today I tell myself that it's a limited edition and I disapprove of limited editions. That it's expensive. That if I fall in love with it and want another bottle, I won't be able to get it. Today, it's no Bois Blond for me!

Next time, I'll once again be staring at my credit card and struggling not to pick up the phone.

Review Roundup: Aromascope and Aromascope again and Perfume-Smellin' Things and Perfume Posse and SakeCat and Nathan Branch and wine woman & song and Basenotes and WAFT  and Confessions Of A Perfume Nerd.

Edited to add to the Review Roundup.

Photo: By Jos. Wikimedia Commons. Click for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment