Saturday, November 14, 2009

SOTE: Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Solid Perfume


Maybe I have a loyalty problem.

I got tired of all that light, dry lavender from Cravache, and applied some Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange for the evening, from the little solid compact.

I love this perfume. It has enough sweet orange, enough bitterness, and almost enough of the richness that I was longing for earlier today. In fact, maybe it is rich enough - often, when you get as much of something as you want, you find that you really would be happier with a tiny bit less.

And all I have to do is be willing to get my fingers a little greasy applying the perfume solid, because the liquid version isn't the same. Is that such a big down side that I need to keep hunting through fragrances that are much more expensive (Fire and Cream), discontinued (Theorema) or both (Alpona)?

This is inexpensive. The scent is beautiful. Even the packaging - a tiny orange tin that you can carry anywhere and don't even have to declare to airport security - is adorable.

What more could I want?

Review Roundup: EauMG and Fragrantica and Basenotes and MakeupAlley and Feminine Things. And an overview of Pacifica perfumes at EauMG.

Photo: By April Killingsworth. Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment