Friday, November 27, 2009

SOTD: The Different Company Sublime Balkiss (But no review)

The Different Company interests me. I like the idea of a perfume company that is run by perfumers (Jean-Claude Ellena and his daughter, in this case), rather than just employing them. So I requested samples from Luckyscent, and I've been excited to try them.

Today, I applied several dabs of Sublime Balkiss. But I'm afraid that no suspense will be resolved today, because all I learned is: dabs are not enough. Like many Ellena fragrances, this one is light and subtle and needs a generous application.

I got a brief whiff of what I read as a very good grapefruit (a note that isn't even listed for this fragrance, though other fruits are), got briefly distracted, and then all I could smell was something vaguely spicy-wood-like. I liked that initial fruity sniff very much, and I may go so far as to get a decant on the strength of it, so that I can really try this one out. But no review today.

Review Roundup: Now Smell This and Legerdenez and Fragrantica and Basenotes and I Smell Therefore I Am and Nathan Branch and Feminine Things.

Edited to add to the Review Roundup.

Photo: By Aleph. Modified by Leafnode. Wikimedia Commons. Click for more detailed credits and license

No comments:

Post a Comment