Tuesday, January 5, 2010

SOTD: Serge Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle

Photo of an old gas pump in front of a steep-roofed building.
Today will be a busy and perhaps grumpy day. Tubereuse Criminelle seemed perfect.

Why is that? Is it because I used the phrase "gasoline-powered" about this fragrance recently, and I could use some extra power? Is it because on a grumpy day a purely beautiful fragrance seems wrong, seems as if it might be startled and hurt, all doe-eyed and wobbly-lipped, if I do get grumpy?

I don't know. And I'll running too fast to figure it out. But that's the fragrance for today, and I'm enjoying it very much.

Review Roundup: Is here.

Photo: By Oxyman. Wikimedia Commons.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it's giving you the 'fuel' you need for your day. I just can't do TC. The gasoline is way to long lasting and sharp on my skin, and makes me think of those poor, lost Northern children who sniff it......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes. It doesn't last too long for me, and it's not too realistic a gasoline on my skin. It's just a high-energy "ugly" note for me. A good ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ugly, I know what you mean. That might be an interesting idea for a poll: name your good ugly frags :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh. Yes, I like that idea. Maybe a poll and a compilation. (I've seen a couple of articles very recently on the topic.)

    Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete