Wednesday, January 20, 2010

SOTD: Parfumerie Generale Iris Oriental/Iris Taizo


Today is a gray, halfheartedly stormy, dull day. A boring day, finishing up a task that's already had all the flavor chewed out of it, followed by a dark evening that's not quite long enough, because the boring work took too long.

A feel-good scent wasn't going to work today. I'm just not in the mood to be beguiled. I went digging through the bottles and samples, and nothing was quite right. Bergamot or citrus or pretty flowers would be too maddeningly cheerful. Serge Noire, today, would be funereal. Comfort scents would either annoy me or send me straight to bed.

I picked up Iris Taizo on instinct, sprayed it on, and it's perfect. The stern, textured, challenging opening is just right for my mood. And I know that as my mood improves - the work is over, after all, even if it took too long - the scent will grow sweeter and quieter until, just about the time that I am ready to go to bed, it will have become a comfort scent.

Just right.

Review Roundup: Is here.

Image: Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment