Friday, January 8, 2010

SOTD: Ava Luxe Figuer (Very quick sniff)


I was going to try another over application experiment today, but the scheduling (that is, ensuring that no one would be around to be drowned) didn't work out.

So instead, a very quick sniff of Ava Luxe Figuer. Sadly, I have the same response to this that I have to other figs. Pretty, sweet, fruity, coconut, lovely scent, no interest in owning it.

So the search for my fig continues. Parfums de Nicolai Fig Tea was wonderful at the first sniff, but started to cloy very quickly. Diptyque Philosykos has nothing to complain about, but it just doesn't excite me. I do have a sample of Parfumerie Generale Jardin de Kerylos; I'll give that a try soon.

Review Roundup: Can't find any!

Fig Roundup: So instead, I round up articles on fig from Perfume-Smellin' Things and Perfume-Smellin' Things again and Perfume Posse and Perfume Posse again and Now Smell This and Now Smell This again and Now Smell This a third time and Memory & Desire.

Photo: By Kolya Pynti. Wikimedia Commons.

3 comments:

  1. What about Ava Luxe Fig Wood? And Premier Figuier from L'Artisan? They are more woody/attenuated. Some say Premier Figuier smells of coconut matting, but you might be okay with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second Premier Figuier and the Extreme as well. Also, adoooooore Jardin de Kerylos. Another nice and cheap thrill is Pacifica's Mediterranean Fig

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried Fig Wood - I'll try to give that a try too. (Though I guess it might just be something else to grieve, given the thinning of the Ava Luxe line?)

    I know that I tried Premier Figuier, but I can't remember the details, but I remember that it was another "fine but I'm not going to buy it" fragrance. On the other hand, that was probably more than a year ago, and my nose has changed a lot, so I should give it another try. (And, yep, coconut matting is probably fine.)

    I have hopes for Jardin de Kerylos, though it worries me that the juice is pink. :) Not that I care about the color, just that pink juice tends to signal a fluffygirly fragrance. Ah, I'll try the Pacifica, too - their Tuscan Blood Orange was my favorite for a very long time, and I still like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete