Sunday, October 17, 2010

SOTD: Serge Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle

I love this one.

The weather isn't quite right for it - it's better when it's blazing through crisp cold air, or trying to drown you when it's hot and humid. But I still love it.

It's flowers in a bad mood. Powerful flowers in a bad mood. Flowers flaunting their ability to smell like decay and fire and death. Flowers that are in no mood to suffer fools gladly.

I wonder what percentage of lovers of Tubereuse Criminelle are cat people?

Review Roundup: Is here.

Image: By Hannibal Poenaru. Wikimedia Commons.

6 comments:

  1. I have not yet tried this one - but you've made me want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY. I'd have taken the gasoline you get in the topnotes over the rotting raw chicken *I* get.

    We have a dog, but really she belongs to The CEO. The cat is mine (or vice versa, to be honest).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo, Josephine! Yay! It really is a glorious brand of weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Mals! Well, that's not fair. Even I can't defend the smell of rotting chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a lover of cats but not TC if that helps your stats?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, flittersniffer! Hmmm. Now I imagine doing a whole database of Cat People/Dog People and their preferred scents.

    ReplyDelete