Sunday, August 15, 2010

SOTD: Issey Miyake A Scent, and The Wizard Of Oz

I had five seconds to choose a scent for watching The Wizard Of Oz. A Scent seemed most appropriate, but I don't know why. Because it's green?

Naturally, this makes me think of what the characters should wear. Restricting myself to scents for which I own at least a sample, I declare:

The Wicked Witch Of The West: Chanel No. 19.
The Scarecrow: Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond on one of its good days.
Dorothy: ElizabethW Rose in Kansas, Chanel Cristalle after going through the Wash And Brush Up Co.
The Tin Woodman: Serge Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle. (I originally chose Fou d'Absinthe, but changed my mind; he needs this heartfelt fragrance with the gasoline note.)
The Cowardly Lion: Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque in the forest, Lancome Mille et Une Roses after the Wash And Brush Up Co.
The Great And Powerful Wizard Of Oz: Serge Lutens Chergui.
Uncle Henry: Art of Shaving Sandalwood.
Auntie Em: Jean Desprez Bal A Versailles, but only because Uncle Henry gave it to her for Christmas. She'd never dream of wasting money on perfume for herself.
Glinda The Good Witch Of The South: Parfumerie Generale Jardin de Kerylos, but only when her travel-bubble is colored pink.

Review Roundup for A Scent: Is here.

2 comments:

  1. i think this demands a reshowing! Let's watch it again with little scent cards that we can wave in front of our noses at the appropriate time in the film. Then we can be sure that these are the right scents. How fun would that be? way better than the rocky horror show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee. I like it. Sadly, Himself would object. Vehemently. :)

    ReplyDelete