Wednesday, August 18, 2010

SOTD: Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint

It's interesting to see how quickly a scent can develop new associations. I'd been using ElizabethW Rose bath oil and "Cranky Baby" (really, California Baby Overtired & Cranky) bubble bath as my combined bath scent for a long time, so that combined scent developed an association of leisure and relaxation, over a period of at least two years. And I think that it took at least a few months for it to develop the initial association.

But when I ran out of the Rose, I decided that I'd better start going through some of my other bath potions. So for only five or ten baths, it's been Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint bath oil and Cranky Baby. And that combined scent has already developed a relaxation vibe that seems as strong as the one that Cranky Baby/ElizabethW spent so long earning. I'm guessing that the Cranky Baby half of the association was enough to give full credentials to the White Jasmine & Mint in such a short time.

And now the White Jasmine & Mint perfume, which is substantially different from the bath oil, also seems to have a new relaxation association.

Interesting. Anyway, I enjoyed it. And I wonder if there's any chance of California Baby coming out with a Cranky Baby perfume? I want all the comfort scents I can get.

Review Roundup: Is here.

Image: By Doug Coldwell. Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment