Monday, January 10, 2011

SOTD: Serge Lutens Serge Noire

So, for lack of smoky meat perfume, I went with meatless smoke. And it was nice, even if it wasn't quite what I'm craving right now. To chase that craving, I'll be sending off for some samples based on folks' kind recommendations in the comments to yesterday's post.

I was reassured to learn that Heeley Cardinal and Serge Noire have quite different roles--a bottle of each in my collection wouldn't be redundant. Serge Noire is much spicier and more challenging, even several hours after application. Cardinal is clean and smooth, with, as I've said, no "side dishes" other than a temporary waft of fruit at the beginning. They'll serve for very different occasions.

If I buy Cardinal, that is. But of course, that would be Wrong.

Review Roundup: Is here.

Image: By Rise0011. Wikimedia Commons.

2 comments:

  1. Based on the reviews I've read, Serge Noire is a love it or hate it fragrance. I personally dwell on the "love it" side.

    Thise who dwell on the "hate it" side find Serge Noire reminds them of old-timey pharmaceutical preparations. To me, it's just good medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is. I'm also on the "love" side, though it took me a few hours to get there, when I first tried it. I never thought of it as medicinal, but now that you mention it, yep, that's there--and I've always liked medicinal scents.

    ReplyDelete