Saturday, January 1, 2011

Whine: I'm not ready

I'm not ready. I'm just not ready.

To return to the real world, that is. Work. Phone calls. All those loose ends that were temporarily boxed up at the end of December. And the worries.

It's not that I have more worries than most people. But that's not helping, right now, as my brain is howling, "I don't waaaaaaaaannnnnnaaaaaa!"

My brain wants to stay right here with the computer and the blog and the books and the DVDs and the Christmas music and the chicken wings and this precise spot on the calendar. Passing time? No. Work? No. Responsibility? No. The weekly GTD review? Good heavens, nooooo!

I'm not ready. I need to be ready by Monday.

I'd better stock up on milk.

Edited to add: I wrote some complete nonsense on the other blog, and now I feel better. I lack logic.

Image: By Vask. Wikimedia Commons.

8 comments:

  1. Loved your complete nonsense. I'm not ready to return to work either (not going back until Tuesday), but I will be. After the holidays, it takes awhile to readjust and get ready to face the new year. Honestly, I'm kind of excited about it. And so ready for the NEW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so not ready to go back to work tomorrow. And I hate thinking about all of my best intentions, piled up there on my desk. And probably several weird customer requests that usually accumulate when I've been away. Milk doesn't agree with my insides, but the peanut butter--ahhhh. I'd go back to bed if I could sleep, if I didn't desperately need a shower. Why am I telling you this? I have no idea. Happy New Year, anyway. Loved the Rambling Chicken today, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chickenfreak I'm a bit like you. I left my loose ends and worries behind at the office too and now as Tuesday looms I can feel that slight prickle of panic as I realise I have to face reality again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found the perfect solution this year to the going back to work heebie jeebies - I went back to work on 27th, which was technically a public holiday here. As a result I felt both relaxed and virtuous, and as though I was stealing a march on most of the working population. And then I went off for New Year and came back to the grindstone today and it was like falling off a log. That I had previously ground, as it were.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo, Josephine! Thank you about the nonsense. :) For me, the only new is scary. I want a nice new project reasonably close to my skills, and I have several That Old Things and one You Want Me To Do _What_?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Queen Cupcake! Hey, tell me all you want, it makes me feel better. :) Luckily, most of my customers were also away, so I didn't return to any new surprises, just the same old stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heya, Michael! For some reason, this year was a particularly comfy fog of non-reality, and so a particularly unpleasant return.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yo, Vanessa! Well, that's an interesting strategy. I'm not sure if I'd be willing to do the extra work days part, but I can see that it would make the adjustment a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete