Thursday, May 13, 2010

SOTD: Serge Lutens Un Lys, and a photo ramble


I enjoy the process of finding a picture for a post. Ambling through (usually) Wikimedia Commons is sort of like free-associating using someone else's thoughts.

Today's fragrance was Un Lys. I skipped the lily photographs, and the lilies in art, because I've used those categories several times before. In the process of searching, I did find a nice cat named Lily, but that didn't quite seem to work.

Un Lys also makes me think of penuche - that grainy, light-brown-sugar fudge. So I looked for pictures of penuche, but I've already used the one that I found.

So I looked more generally for fudge, and found a hamster named Fudge, more or less the same color as the penuche, staring dubiously at the camera. He didn't look as if he'd enjoy being part of a perfume blog, so I passed him by.

Oh, and in between Lily and Fudge, I looked at vases, because after all, the lily is a flower. There are some startling and faintly disturbing vases out there.

And then I found this landscape of lilies and trees, and liked it, so that was that. Free association complete.

Getting back to Un Lys itself: It remains lovely, as always.

Review Roundup: Is here.

Image: By ITA-ITU. Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment