Monday, May 31, 2010

SOTD: Parfumerie Generale L'Eau Rare Matale


For some reason, this one surprises me every single time I wear it. I always remember it as clear water and clean gentle tea, and, well, no. Burned wood. Bitter tea. Sometimes something a bit harsh-herbal, in the bug-killing realm. And this time I did catch the tiniest trace of the "white flowers" that are listed in the notes.

And I love it. But I never remember, between wearings, what it really smells like, so I wear it far too seldom.

Review Roundup: Is here.

Image: By Mike Peel (www.mikepeel.net). Wikimedia Commons

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fab....I love those bitter notes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're familiar with perfumes I've never even heard of. This sounds interesting. I must find out where I can try PG in London - it's a brand that I just never come across.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings, LBV! Yes, it's lovely. Somehow bitterness seems to make a perfume feel refreshing, while a lot of those sweeter perfumes described as "fresh" just, well, annoy me. :)

    MPL! Howdy! I think I missed the name change. Ah, yes, Parfumerie Generale is _so_ worth seeking out. They're also so hard to find - the only place that I've ever actually been able to sniff them in person is The Perfume Shoppe in Vancouver. I just keep on buying sample after sample.

    ReplyDelete