Tuesday, May 11, 2010

SOTD: Frederic Malle Une Fleur de Cassie

Hmmm.

I sprayed this one on the back of my neck, intending to experience it for a day without any conscious effort at processing the notes.

That meant that the various elements drifted by my nose, and vanished, and drifted by again, leaving a vague, misty impression of...

Elmer's Glue.

Yes.

Really.

You know, the nice harmless white milky glue that you used in kindergarten, back before gluesticks became the vogue? I never realized, before today, that there's a rather sweet, floral note in that stuff. Or, at least, there is in memory, as recalled by this fragrance.

I'm quite confident that the next time I wear this, other notes will emerge, inspiring images of flowers rather than construction paper collages. But this time, well, I'm rather enjoying it.

Image: By Kalmalukko. Wikimedia Commons.

3 comments:

  1. well, I love the smell of Elmer's but maybe not as a perfume... but maybe so... Intereting. Hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a sample of this but have yet to actually put it on skin.

    Let's hope I don't get "glue" out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, LBV! Welcome! It is a nice perfume, just... odd. Definitely odd.

    Howdy, Mals! I'll be curious to know if you do. :)

    ReplyDelete