Saturday, December 4, 2010

SOTD: Heeley Cardinal (Quick sniff)

I've been playing with a new Batch O Samples this week. Friday's fragrance was Lyric Man, but I wasn't prepared for it--I expected something heavy and complex, and the first notes struck me as light and fresh and almost soapy. I need to try it again before saying anything more.

Today's fragrance was Heeley Cardinal. Wasn't someone recently looking for a church-style incense without a lot of side dishes? If I'd already tried this, I would have recommended it. The beginning was smooth and calm, comforting without being sweet, sober but not dark. Unfortunately, I was distracted and can't recall any details about the later stages--I enjoyed it all the way through, but that's all I remember. I'll have more another day.

Image: By Calapito. Wikimedia Commons.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't done my Avignon v Cardinal throw-down yet but I do think that Cardinal is quite how you describe it.

    oh incense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Frida! I'm surprised at how much like it - I thought that Serge Noire was all I needed for incense, with Kyoto to turn to if Serge Noire went away. Now, I may start digging into this category a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you tried Goutal's Encens Flamboyant yet? it's a light and gorgeous incense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't. Now I add that to the List. (Actually, Neiman Marcus carries a decent selection of Goutals, I think. I might be able to sniff it for free!)

    ReplyDelete