Saturday, December 25, 2010

SOTD: Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale. What else?


So, I wasn't sure what I was going to wear for Christmas. I was given a bottle of Hermes Hiris (woohoo!) and I gave myself a bottle of Chanel Coco. And Un Crime Exotique is, of course, a dandy holiday perfume. And Tea for Two is wintery and cuddly. And almost any of the winter oranges--Orange Star or Theorema or surely I have another one?--would have been festive as well.

And then it was 3pm and I realized, who am I fooling? It's Christmas. Sushi Imperiale, of course. Six sprays. Yum.

And then there were yams. And chicken fingers. And fried wings. And brussels sprouts and carrots with infinitely too much butter. And cake. And Russian tea cookies. And minty chocolate. And, generally, gluttony followed by napping and murder mysteries and junk television.

I hope that you all had a lovely Christmas of just the kind that you wanted.

Review Roundup: Is here.

Image: By Powerhauer. Wikimedia Commons.

10 comments:

  1. I've had a typical Christmas in our family and way too much food and drink. :)
    I could have guessed you would end up wearing Sushi Imperiale. ;)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had a nice lovely Christmas eve and Christmas day was a clam, relaxed day. I didn't get perfume *yet* since my brother is coming tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect day! All of the perfumes you name would have been great, but I'm glad you chose your current love, Sushi Imperiale. Seems right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas sounds absolutely scrummy! I also had perfume, too much food and junk television. Hmm, yams would also have been nice...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice prezzies you have there! I was hoping Santa would bring me some Coco, but I got an amazing pair of noise-cancelling headphones, which for me, are sanity-preserving. (Coco is also sanity-preserving to a degree, but I can't block out irritating chatter with it)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ines! Yes! Gluttony!

    Yes, I don't know why I even pretended to think about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy, Vintage Lady! A calm relaxed Christmas day sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Josephine! Yes; I think that the bottle wondered what took me so long, but it was entirely forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings, Vanessa! Yes, yaaaaams. This time I accidentally overdid the pre-boiling, and learned that when I do that, the excess moisture comes out of the slices more easily once I get them in the oven. I may do it that way again. They really were rather like candy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. JoanElaine! The headphones sound very nice, yes. I violated my perfume purchasing budget _again_ in getting Coco (I suspect that the budget may tell me that I can't buy new perfume until 2013, if I make myself do the math) but I read somewhere that the current formula is Still Good, and in these reformulation days, that's hard to resist.)

    ReplyDelete