Sunday, November 14, 2010

SOTD: Miscellaneous Creed


So I stopped by the Creed counter, and an ever-so-nice and quite knowledgeable salesperson walked me through a number of the Creeds that I hadn't smelled yet. My conclusion is that she is great, but Creed? Eh. I suspect that I will shortly have a Creed-free collection, after I divest myself of Love in Black and Original Vetiver.

It's not that they're bad, but none of them ever seem to make it to the top of their category, in my own personal rating system. Original Vetiver was outranked by Vetiver Tonka. Love in Black... well, I never liked violets, and Iris Taizo outranks it for iris. Bandit - even the modern one that I was a bit disappointed by - and Cuir de Lancome beat out Royal English Leather. And so on.

Image: Wikimedia Commons.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the Creeds. With the exception of Bois de Portugal, which I love, the rest have left me lukewarm at best. There's something of that metallic ambergris accord they use in the millisime fragrances that just leaves me cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Michael! Yeah, they just don't satisfy. Not weird enough, not beautiful enough, not anything enough. Now I'm going to get a sniff of Bois de Portugal just in case, though.

    ReplyDelete