Wednesday, November 3, 2010

SOTD: Hermessence Osmanthe Yunnan

I used to love this one. I fully understood Luca Turin's five stars. I debated a full bottle, even though it came in tiny bottles of the kind that I always lobby for.

But now, I can't remember what all the fuss was about. It's pretty flowers and milky tea with a little undissolved sugar crunching in my teeth. It's Perfectly Nice, and no more. What happened?

But, all the same, this is going to be my scent for March's Scent Challenge, a challenge based around the horrifying idea of wearing the same scent for a full week. This is, in part, because I'm temporarily away from my collection. But the other part is my desire to rediscover what I loved about it, and surely a week is enough to let me know that?

It won't actually be a week. The challenge ends on the eighth, so I had to start on Monday, but I didn't pack the Fou d'Absinthe that I wore on Monday, and then I forgot to wear anything at all on Tuesday. See? So I'll be wearing Osmanthe Yunnan for five days, and by the end we'll see if I've rediscovered its charms, or if I'm sick to death of it.

And now I'm off to write 1,667 words. Wish me luck.

Review Roundup: Is here.

Image: By Dennis.B. Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment