Tuesday, March 30, 2010

SOTD: Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille (Quick Sniff)


I want a vanilla. Almost all vanillas smell of plastic vanilla to me. Except for Indult Tihota, which I can't bring myself to pay for. I just can't. It would be wrong. Assure me that it would be wrong?

Anyway: So I had hopes for Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille. It failed miserably on a light spray a week or so ago, so this time I squeezed the sample sprayer with that really slow spray that essentially produces a dabber-like leak.

The result is utterly different. Spicier, more foodlike, more Lutens like. It's like a blond version of Chergui. And it's not plastic, at least so far. I'll be trying it again, though I may wait for winter, when spiced-syrup-drenched vanilla pastry seems right.

Image: By Dalton Holland Baptista. Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment