Saturday, February 12, 2011

SOTD: Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Geranium and Lavender and Lemon Verbena


No, I didn't wear them. Today was Scentless Saturday, so I didn't wear anything scented.

But we did spend a fair bit of the day getting the house tidied and scrubbed. Himself is not a fan of Mrs. Meyer's products, a position consistent with his lack of fondness for perfume in general. But I prefer their scent to the scent of the more conventional stuff, and the bottles were lying around and, well, I figure that if I'm cleaning the surface, I can choose the cleaner. (Himself cleaned his share of surfaces, and cleaned them with perfume-free products.)

So the floor was mopped with Mrs. Meyer's Geranium instead of Pine-Sol, and the scent is still lurking pleasantly. I can recommend the Geranium scent.

And the toilets were cleaned with the Lemon Verbena-scented product. And the sharp, acrid scent of the Lemon Verbena is a little too much like the sharp, acrid scent of... well, you see where I'm going here? I don't want to clean the bathroom and leave the impression that the bathroom is less clean than when I started. So I re-cleaned them with the Lavender.  The Lemon Verbena scent is perfectly nice, but I think I'd confine it to products intended for the kitchen, where the context emphasizes the lemon.

Oh, dear. Now I feel that I need to end this post on a more appealing note. How about a nice kitty in a sink?



Bubble Image: By Andrius Januta. Wikimedia Commons.
Cat Image: By WolfgangE Wikimedia Commons

2 comments:

  1. I dig the kitty in the sink! He is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't he adorable? The photo page said he was a Maine Coon. I love Maine Coon cats.

    ReplyDelete