So I changed the blog title to Rambling Chicken. That is, this blog title. I have the other blog that's...
Y'know, I'm going to do a timeline. Not that anyone cares, but I'm whacky.
- In October 2009, I created this blog and called it Chickenfreak's Obsessions, http://chickenfreaksobsessions.blogspot.com.
- In January, 2010 (Really? That soon?) I created another blog, Rambling Chicken, http://ramblingchicken.blogspot.com. I was going to focus ChickenFreak's Obsessions on perfume and put all the other stuff--gardening, books, fried chicken, fiction, and so on--on that one.
- Sometime around that time Himself bought me the domain ramblingchicken.com.
- In November, 2011 I decided that the spinoff had been a bad idea, and I started blogging about everything on this blog. I left a bunch of old posts on Rambling Chicken. I occasionally think of moving them here, and then I wonder about the advice that having the same content in two places is sometimes punished by search engines, and then I remember that I've never done much about search engine results anyway, and then I take a nap.
- Sometime around that time we presumably pointed ramblingchicken.com toward Chickenfreak's Obsessions. I don't know why.
- In December 2015 I had a Brilliant Brainstorm! I would post about fried chicken restaurants on Rambling Chicken! Yay!
- Then I posted twice and lost interest. Hmm.
- Then, two or three days ago, while once again puzzling over a name for this blog, I decided that, y'know, Rambling Chicken was a pretty decent name. So I changed the title of this blog.
- So now http://ramblingchicken.com points to a Blogspot blog named Rambling Chicken whose "real" URL is http://chickenfreaksobsessions.blogspot.com. And the blog whose "real" URL is http://ramblingchicken.blogspot.com is sitting out there saying, "What about me?! That was MY name!"
- Now I'm spending a few weeks deciding whether I like the name. And then I'll probably figure out how to switch from a situation where ramblingchicken.com redirects to chickenfreaksobsessions.blogspot.com, to the reverse. And maybe I'll move all of Rambling Chicken's content into this blog. Or maybe I'll rename that blog, oh, Rambling Annex, or something.
- Then I'll see if my already-weak search engine presence faaaaaades away.
- But I'll have a name that's fifteen percent less silly?
- Is it worth it?
Oh, that up there? That's another selfie. Try to identify me! Just try! Bwahahahaha!
That really is all.