Monday, March 18, 2013

Fiction(ish): Wire and cloth and poultry, oh, my.


"Mommy or Mama?"

"What?"

"What did we call her? I loved her. You call her Mom, but back when I was in charge, what did we call her?"

"You were never in charge. I was always in charge."

"Yes, I was. Remember when we were really little, back before she lost all that weight? She was fat and warm and we used to hug her. You remember how good it felt, right?"

"Shut up."

"I'm making you cry. That means you remember."

"I'll give you that gallon of milk if you shut up."

"Nope. Mommy or Mama?"

"I'll give you ice cream."

"Not gonna happen. Mommy or Mama?"

"I'm not talking about this."

"But we'll dream about her again. We'll tell her we love her again. You're not in charge there. The Id Owns The Dreams! Bwahahaha!"

"Lay off the power trip. You're not the id. You're just stupid stray thoughts."

"Remember the Buffy episode? Which of us would have stolen the sandwich?"

"That just makes you obnoxious, it doesn't make you a...a...some stupid textbook thing."

"Where tiny people?"

"Shut up."

"FOAMy."

"Shut. Up."

"Giles, don't make cave-id unhappy."

"SHUT UP!"

"Mommy or Mama?"

"I don't care. She didn't love us."

"But we thought she did. That's what matters."

"The hell it is."

"You and your objective truth, blah blah. What good does it do us?"

"It's real. She didn't love us. That's real."

"We thought she did. Those monkeys with the cloth mother think it loves them. Why do you want to take her away from me?"

"I didn't do it, she did. She didn't love us."

"Pretend with me."

"No."

"It feels good."

"No."

"If you don't, I'll make you cry some more."

"No."

"Mommy or Mama?"

"Shut up. If you shut up I'll make you some fried chicken."

"But..."

"Slow-fried, Mom style."

"Wait..."

"With crunchies."

"Okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment