Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sewing: Toys!

Did I mention my new machine? That was one of those posts that I failed to post, I think because the writing failed to communicate sufficient excitement. So I'm going to try that again:

Himself gave me a serger for my birthday!

Bwahahahaha! Not just a serger. The serger. See, for months I've been thinking about whether I wanted one. Looking at features. I took a lesson in Portland. I read threads on PatternReview. I learned what you can do with how many needles, and what differential feed is, and what a coverstitch is. I learned which ones are loved by some people and hated by others. Himself was politely curious about all this, and asked me what I'd use it for, and more or less convinced me that buying it made no financial sense.

Then it was my birthday and he handed me the owner's package binder thingie for the one with all the features, the one that no one has any complaints about. Squeeee!

We've had too many things to do since then, and I haven't been able to do as much sewing with it as I wanted. But this weekend will be different. The house will be a flurry of lint, pins, and thread chains.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha!

Image: Wikimedia Commons.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, congratulations! Sergers are such a nice tool to have. I hope you're enjoying it.

    And happy belated birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Natalie! Thank you! I am enjoying it, and figuring out how to thread and sew stitch after stitch. Slooowly. :)

    ReplyDelete