Thursday, July 22, 2010

SOTD: Serge Lutens Un Lys, and over-application without burnout


Ahhhh.

Since I was going to be alone for the daytime hours, I applied far more of this than usual - six sprays, I think. But I applied all of them well away from my nose - three on the back of my neck, three on my stomach.

This seemed to prevent the usual problem where over-application burns out the nose so that I can't smell the perfume any longer - I think that the scientific term is temporary anosmia?

So I was able to clearly smell those grainy sweet candied occasionally-momentarily-a-little-bit-skanky lilies all day.

Yum.

Review Roundup: Is here.

Image: Wikimedia Commons.

2 comments:

  1. Very wise to spray away from your nose - I have learned this the hard way more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo, Josephine! Yep - I used to spray on wrists and just below my neck, but both of those overstrain the nose.

    ReplyDelete