Wednesday, July 14, 2010

SOTD: Estee Lauder Jasmine White Moss. And rambling.


My perfume lives in tilt-top bread boxes, to minimize light exposure while allowing quick accessibility. I used to keep some of it in drawers, but I got tired of the sound of bottles falling like dominoes every time I opened the drawer. Or the drawer next to it. Or walked by in heavy shoes.

The bread box storage makes it difficult to actually reach many of the bottles, as they're lined up in claustrophobic little rows, front to back.  My favorite scents - currently L'Eau Rare Matale, Cristalle, Ivoire, and the oxygen-depriving florals like A La Nuit - hang out in front, or even cluster on the shelf above, improperly exposed to light. (But not, I promise, direct sunlight.) Those of least interest - Mitsouko, Philosykos, Sweet Lime & Cedar, and other worthy scents that I should just give away because I seem incapable of appreciating them - migrate to the very back and never see the light. It seems unfair that the least favorite gets the most protection.

Sometimes a favorite gets pushed into the wrong territory and has to be rediscovered when I'm digging deeper for something new. That's how I found Jasmine White Moss. I wore her, and she was lovely, though I don't have anything new to say about her - rather than blooming extra big in the heat, she burned off and ended up as a faint, but nice, veil of green. And now she's hanging out on the open shelf with the other favorites, all of them cringing from the light. I really must tidy up.

Review Roundup: Is here.

Photo: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. I do the same. I keep my perfume in a big pantry area with a door that swings open and so many nice scents inevitable end up in the back. I guess we can't love everything equally or all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy, Diana! Yep, though it does make me imagine some scheme that would run all the scents by me, each equally visible at the moment that I see them. Like one of those Automat machines. Or a sushi boat system, yeah!

    ReplyDelete