Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SOTD: Frederic Malle Une Fleur de Cassie

I was going to wait until I learned to appreciate the nuances of Une Fleur de Cassie, and then post a Review Roundup and a full review.

You may recall that on my first try, my primary impression was of Elmer's glue.

I'm wearing it for the second time. My impression is of a vase of Elmer's glue with a flower in it. Therefore, there will be no full review.

I'm going to assume that I am unable to perceive this fragrance, throw up my hands, and offer everyone else's views:

Review Roundup: Bois de Jasmin and Basenotes and Perfume-Smellin' Things and MossyLoomings and PereDePierre and Legerdenez and MakeupAlley and Aromascope and Sweet Diva and Eiderdown Press and Fragrantica and Scent Signals and Perfume Nerd and Scentsate.

Link Roundup: Pronunciation from belabela.

Image: Wikimedia Commons. (Yes, I used it before, but, hey, it worked.)

5 comments:

  1. this post made me giggle (and I don't do that very often) . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Giggling is always good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me several tries to fall in love with this, so in my opinion, give it another go after several months. :) You never know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elmer's glue sounds a lot better than what lots of the MUA girls got! The FdC reviews on there are EXTREMELY harsh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Ines! Interestingly, the next morning - a good twenty hours or so after I put the fragrance on - the final basenotes smelled _lovely_. I enjoyed it for about ten minutes before it was time to shower it off. :) So it's worth one more try.

    Greetings, Scentsofself! Yep, Himself also had a much harsher assessment. I think that my one more try is going to be sometime when he's out of town. :)

    ReplyDelete