Sunday, September 11, 2011

Link: Gluttony in the North


A little bit north. Specifically, Portland. Himself did the extensive writeup of Day One in Trolleys and Buses and Food Carts, Oh, My!, complete with a lovely photo of the Perfume House.  He also found the Perfume House's address, called for the hours, planned the transit route, and sat patiently in the lobby while I burbled and flitted around. Have I mentioned that I'm very fond of Himself?

All I have to add in my current not-too-eloquent state is that the Perfume House is definitely worth visiting, and the perfume department at the Portland Nordstrom's is infinitely better than the one at the Nordstrom's in Palo Alto. I came home with Trumper Extract of West Indian Limes and Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey. And the Perfume House is ordering a bottle of Sutra Ylang for me.

Bwaha.

(And of course we got maple bacon doughnuts. Mmmmmm.)

Image: Wikimedia Commons.

4 comments:

  1. Sad to know you were in town and we missed each other! Perhaps next time?

    Also, yes our Nordstrom (downtown) is SO SUPER GREAT ad full of helpfulness. I love my peeps there.

    Glad you had fun despite the heat. I approve your purchase choices, right down to the maple bacon doughnuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yay! You got good things.

    Well, I'm not sure about the maple bacon doughnuts, being partial to coconut-and-peanut ones myself... but glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo, Diana! I didn't think! I'll plan ahead next time.

    Yes, I even let the Nordstrom's lady take down my email address, I was so impressed by her. Or hypnotized by her. Or something. :) She was impressive.

    We had a great time. And I want more doughnuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Mals! I did, I did! Oddly, I haven't worn the lime yet. Maybe tomorrow.

    Now I'm imagining peanut butter and bacon doughnuts....

    ReplyDelete